Choosing A Wedding Magician
Congratulations! If you are reading this guide, you are getting married!
As a wedding enthusiast, I'm of course biased about the on the significance of employing a magician to break the ice in a wedding.
But because of my brother's wedding I knew I needed to get him something unique - I hired a magician, therefore this isn't only me trying to promote my services.
On to the bad news - If you get a terrible magician then they could actually be damaging to your special moment. They could become late (or maybe not at all), speak with your guests such as kids, declare, be rude/arrogant or, even more likely, simply be crap in magic.
So here are a few steps that will assist you to get the ideal person for the job. After searching the internet and finding a couple magicians which you enjoy the appearance of, then touch them and request a meeting.
Inform them that you'll also be meeting a few different magicians. Here is the most effective way of guaranteeing that you obtain a fantastic magician to your wedding.
Every magician will emphasize his brilliance on his web page, on the telephone or via email. But when he understands he is going to be judged against other magicians, just competent/good magicians will consent to a meeting.
You will also have the ability to tell a great deal about the magician: when he arrives on time, has shiny shoes and gets on well with your family and friends, then odds are your guests will probably feel precisely the same as you did in the very first meeting.
In the event the option of meeting them is not accessible, then a telephone call is your 2nd best choice. Virtually every magician promises to be humorous and exceptionally entertaining in their site, but in fact this is not always the situation.
As Paul Daniels stated, "Do not tell me you are funny, make me laugh". Again, if they could make you laugh over the telephone and give a likeable vibe then they are likely a fantastic alternative.
1) Are you currently a complete time professional magician?When he has a different job, ask if he works tirelessly. If he must choose between his chief source of revenue along with his bonus income he receives from magical shows, you will unfortunately discover that you don't own a magician in your marriage.
2) Perhaps you have done at many weddings?It is quite simple to assemble a site and give services. But you don't want your magician to become studying his trade in your special day. It's crucial that you employ a seasoned actor who knows what he is doing.
3) How can you get the majority of your job?Although sites and brokers will earn a big proportion of some magician's earnings, the best magicians live from word of mouth and repeat reservations.
4) Can you perform equally strolling table and magic magic?There are magicians who've performed for many years under the very same conditions, e.g. constantly with/without a desk, with/without desktop and so forth.
If this is the case, the magician is only going to play in an environment in which he feels comfortable, so be certain he has worked within an environment very similar to what you plan to reserve him.
5) Can you work with kids?Many magicians are children's entertainers who think since the parents like their series, they could do in precisely the exact same way with an adult audience.
Similarly, some magicians who work solely for adults won't work for kids. As around 85 percent of marriage guests are usually adults, so I strongly advise you to hire a magician that has a residency at a restaurant.
6) Can you work for the groom and bride?Magicians are usually hired on an hourly basis and should you employ a magician just for your wedding photos, he might be gone until you arrive, so you won't have to find out exactly what you've paid for.You may think that it could be counter-productive for a single magician to market the assistance of another magician.
But as of recent occasions, reality TV shows like BGT and AGT have depicted magicians in such a bad light the magical community is pleased to recommend superior magicians and warn against bad ones.
Request references even in the event that you don't have any intentions on phoning the individual. The magician's response to the query will provide you more than enough info.
When he struggles to think about anybody who may provide a favorable mention; he (a) hasn't functioned as a marriage magician (b ) does not feel his wedding customers will give a favorable review or (c) (should they feel awkward about giving somebody else's particulars ) have likely not supplied a service to the customer.
There are a few younger magicians that function in jeans and a t-shirt, which might not be exactly what you need in your wedding day - make certain to ask.
10) Are you currently insured?Every expert actor needs to have insurance.
11) Could you give me a contract / bill? In case the magician can supply you ahead of a contract and a statement afterwards, he then views his own services in a professional lighting. If he can not supply you with these records, odds are he's amateur / semi-professional.
12) Can you have a solid system / PA system?If you're having over 100 guests at your wedding, then it's a good idea to utilize a sound system / PA system through the addresses. Trading under Best Class Magic he participates in demonstration and audience interaction.